What do we mean by 'partner-provider'?
Partner-provider students are studying a FedUni course through an external provider. Many partner-providers have their own libraries and collections, with FedUni Library acting as an extended collection.
How do I obtain FedUni Library materials?
Students need a FedUni student card in order to request hard copy books. If you do not have a FedUni student card, please contact your partner-provider institution. All electronic materials are accessible with your FedUni username and password.
You are welcome to visit any of the FedUni campus libraries in person to access and borrow material.
You can request books from the FedUni Library catalogue for delivery to your home institution using the following steps:
- search the Library catalogue
- select the item you want and click on the title to access the full record for the item
- click on the 'Request' button at the top of the page
- enter your name and your FedUni student card barcode
- from the drop-down list, select your partner-provider institution name as your 'Pickup Location'
- press 'Submit'.
What can I request?
- Books held in Main, Quarto, Recreation Reading, or TRC collections at any of the FedUni Library campuses.
What items will not be sent?
Books held in the following collections: Textbooks, Reference, Special, Journals and Newspapers, Multimedia, Realia are not sent away from the Library. Students are expected to purchase textbooks, or borrow them from their partner library.
What happens once I have requested an item?
Items listed as available will be posted daily. Unavailable items, (eg on loan or on hold-shelf) will be posted once the item becomes available.
Collect and returns books from the library or administration office at your partner-provider. The loan period is 3 weeks minimum, though that includes postage time. Return the item at least 3 days before it is due to ensure a timely return.
Please note: FedUni Library will contact you only via FedUni's student email about requests, reminder notices and overdue items.