This collection of works on economic history and theory was donated to the Federation University Library by Professor John Creedy, Truby Williams Professor of Economics at the University of Melbourne. Collected over four decades, this collection has been described by one of Australia's leading bookmen as "one of the best, formed single collections in a wide subject area that I have seen".
There are specific guidelines for the use of items from this collection.
- Access will be strictly limited to use within the Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre;
- Rare and valuable works may be restricted for use under supervision only;
- Photocopying from the Creedy collection is restricted to items published after 1900 which will not be likely to suffer from damage or deteriorate if copied. Please check with staff before photocopying.
Location and floorplan
- Ask at the Information Desk, Level 0 (ground floor), Mt Helen Campus (E.J. Barker) Library
View the Mt Helen Library Level 0 floorplan (pdf, 322kb)
- Mt Helen Campus map (pdf, 977kb)
Items from the Creedy Collection cannot be borrowed from the Library. Items must be used within the Blainey reading room only. To make an appointment to access the Creedy Collection material please contact the Library.
Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre opening hours
The Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre can be accessed by appointment or during the following hours;
- Tuesday 9.30am – 1.00pm
- Wednesday 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Thursday 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Friday 9.30am – 1.00pm
All campus libraries are open throughout the year but closed on designated University and public holidays, and staff development and planning days. Opening/closing times vary depending on whether it is a semester/term period, an exam/SWOTVAC week or a non-teaching/vacation period. To find out more view the Library opening hours web page, or contact us.