FedUni uses three main styles of referencing:
- APA - American Psychological Association
- MLA - Modern Language Association
You can download the General Guide for Referencing (pdf, 1.6mb) where each is described in detail.
It is important to consult your unit description, lecturer or tutor for the preferred citation style for each subject you undertake.
We provide assistance for FedUni staff and students with citation and referencing queries. Further support is available from:
RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool available to all FedUni staff and students. It allows you to:
- capture references from databases or online, or enter them manually
- store, arrange and generate references for assignments in various citation styles
- share online reference lists with colleagues.
How do I access RefWorks?
You can access Refworks via the web. You will need the Group Code when establishing an account if not on the Mt Helen campus. Please contact the Library for the Group Code. Once your RefWorks account is established you will no longer need a Group Code. Create an individual RefWorks account to get started by providing an email address (it doesn't need to be your FedUni email address).
RefWorks training and support
We also deliver introductory classes at the start of each semester.