FedUni uses four main styles of referencing:
- APA - American Psychological Association
- Australian Harvard Style
- MLA - Modern Language Association
You can download the General Guide to Referencing (pdf, 3.1mb) where each is described in detail.
In addition, Footnotes AGLC (Australian Guide to Legal Citation) is used by some law courses.
It is important to consult your unit description, lecturer or tutor for the preferred citation style for each subject you undertake.
We provide assistance for FedUni staff and students with citation and referencing queries. Further support is available from:
EndNote is a desktop-based referencing and bibliography manager which is now available for staff and post-graduate researcher use. View the guide on how to install EndNote and migrate references from RefWorks to EndNote.
EndNote Web is a simpler web-based version which retains the core functionality of the desktop version, but is available using a web browser. View the guide for undergraduates on establishing and using an EndNote Web account.
EndNote and EndNote Web can be used to:
- Search within databases.
- Store and organise your references.
- Create and format bibliographies choosing from 6000 referencing styles.
- Share your research.
How do I access EndNote?
EndNote Web accounts are created via the web.
Prior to installing EndNote Desktop, you must read the following agreement.
Federation University Australia Declaration for the use of ENDNOTE Software Licence
The Endnote agreement conditions are:
- I am an enrolled student/staff member of Federation University Australia
- I understand I am downloading the ENDNOTE software under the conditions of an agreement between Federation University Australia and Thomson Reuters Inc.
- I may only load the software onto a University-owned computer or my personal computer, for use in my learning or research studies.
- Should I cease to be a student or staff member of Federation University Australia I must immediately remove the ENDNOTE software from my computer.
- I am aware of and understand the Regulations of Federation University Australia regarding the use of computing and communications facilities.
I declare that I have read the information and fully understand the conditions under which I may use the ENDNOTE software licence.
Staff can install EndNote on their University-owned machine by going to Software Center and selecting EndNote.
Students and staff can install EndNote onto their personal computer by clicking on the link below for the relevant operating system and entering their FedUni username and password.Mac installer (.dmg) | Windows installer (.zip) (installation instructions)
EndNote training and support
- About EndNote
- EndNote tutorials
- EndNote web tutorials
- Swinburne University of Technology Endnote video tutorials
Introductory classes will be available from the beginning of semester. View class timetable.
RefWorks is currently being phased out and will no longer be available to current account holders from 30th June 2016.
If you are accessing RefWorks from off campus, you will need to contact the Library to obtain the Group Code.