Information for teaching staff
Welcome to the FedUni Library. We offer an integrated library service across all campuses, and aim to provide a range of high quality scholarly information resources and services to assist you with your teaching content.
Borrowing guidelines for FedUni postgraduate students* and FedUni staff
- 100 item borrowing limit
- 42 days (6 week) borrowing period
- 20 renewals
* FedUni postgraduate students include graduate certificate, graduate diploma, honours, masters and PhD students.
- Username: your FedUni student ID number
- Password: your first password is (lower case) the first initial of your first name, full stop, full date of birth.
Example: John Smith born 14 August 1980, therefore his password is j.14081980
Before you start using the library databases, you must change your password.
Changing your password
Go to the Password self service page to change your password or reset if you have forgotten your password.
Mt Helen Campus prescribed reading lists that are sent to the bookshop are automatically routed to the Library as well, so that we can check our catalogue for holdings. The Library will buy three copies of titles on prescribed reading lists.
SMB/Western campuses prescribed reading list items are only purchased if the subject convenor supplies the Library with the reading lists. The Library may purchase up to three copies of prescribed reading list texts, depending on student numbers. These items are placed on short (Textbooks) loan.
Order requests for library materials can be submitted via:
A summary of partner-provider information is listed below.
FedUni Associate membership
- The scheme provides access via login to FedUni electronic resources for persons associated with the University, though not directly employed by the University.
- Academic staff can request high-demand course material to be placed on electronic closed reserve for students to access.
- The General guide to referencing (pdf, 2mb) includes preferred citation styles.
Library skills classes
- Contact an Information Librarian for help with research or assistance with library resources.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training sessions for larger groups/classes (Australian-based partner-providers only)
- Our Information Librarians offer classes in information seeking and research skills to staff and students, and can tailor classes to your needs.
- Email: email@example.com
Making readings and content available to your students through Moodle has never been easier.
Build your own links to electronic full text or streamed content held in the Library databases, and for book chapters/excerpts or journal articles needing to be sourced or scanned, request these through our online request form.
More information is available about Making Material available to students
FAQs for staff
Q: Why is the Library providing digitised exam papers for students?
R: The Library is providing digitised exam papers in response to requests by students for exam papers for revision purposes. Student Senate also strongly support this initiative.
Q: Does the University support the Library providing digitised exam papers for students?
R: Learning & Teaching Committee have supported a recommendation from the Library that exam papers be released to the Library so they can be accessed online by students for revision purposes. The availability of digitised exam papers also supports student retention and success initiatives and is commensurate with practice exam provision at other universities.
Q: How do I provide my permission for the library to add exam papers to the past exam collection for student use?
R: The Exam Paper Submission Form includes a box that academic and teaching staff are able to tick if they do not wish their exam paper to be released to the Library. If that box is not ticked it will be assumed that academic and teaching staff approve release of the exam paper to the Library for digitisation and access by students.
Q: Who will have access to the digitised exam papers?
R: Only staff and students of Federation University will have access to the digitised exam papers. Students will need to use their login and password to access the exam papers.
Q: Are Partner Provider exam papers included in the current digitised exam papers collection?
R: At this stage exams for programs delivered by FedUni Partner Providers are not included. Management and provision of these exams is via the Centre for University Partnerships (CUP). The Library will work with CUP to review exam submission processes with the aim of providing practice exams to partner Provider based students as soon as possible.