Welcome activities and events are planned over the first 4 weeks for you to establish friendship supports and local networks.
Welcome / social program
We offer a range of welcome events to suit all tastes, ages and family situations. Our program may include:
- Day trips to see Australian animals and natural attractions
- Activities for partners and children
- Australian sport and culture
All our activities have a focus on providing you with social connections and opportunities to improve your English communication.
Getting started in a new home
We continue to familiarise you with the local area including advice about where to go for the best range of shopping for food and essential items and how to make the most of your finances.
Individual case support
International student support staff are available Monday to Friday without an appointment to assist you with all other information tailored to your particular needs such as:
- Letters of support for rental or visa visits
- Assistance with local kindergarten or school enrolments for your children
- Understanding local employment
- Professional services available in the local area
We encourage you to become involved with the student life on campus by becoming a student leader with one of our many student groups. The International Student Committee gives you the chance to have input on campus events and to be a voice for issues which concern students. FedUni's Student Senate also has a position for an International student representative to work directly on initiatives that impact students. Do you have leadership potential? Visit the following for more information:Student Senate