CALD student support
We know that students from Culturally And Linguistically-Diverse (CALD) backgrounds have specific, and very diverse, needs. CALD covers anyone from a non AU/NZ country of birth or non-English Speaking Background who is not studying on a student visa - everyone from Australian citizens from English-speaking countries to newly arrived migrants or refugees, and our service is designed to provide support in the areas where you need it.
Our Multicultural Officers can provide:
- Orientation sessions to help you access key University services and understand more about life in Australia
- Activities and excursions to enable you to meet other students
- Information about and referrals to University and community services including Centrelink, counselling, childcare, academic support and accommodation
- A chat and a cuppa if you need someone to talk to
- Anything else - please click on the links on the left for more information
We are also a resource for staff - if you have questions about working with CALD students, or want to refer someone to us, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Please contact us through the link on the left.