Local industries and businesses, and our wider partnership activities are an essential part of our engagement, and a driver in achieving our goal of being a national leader in engagement by 2020.
Commercial and industry enterprise is essential to our future and will include capital development of the SMB Campus, extending the Ballarat Technology Park, establishing an Innovation and Enterprise Centre in Gippsland. Further initiatives include promoting the University’s Wimmera Campus as a facilitator of business development and economic growth in the Wimmera/Mallee through programs such as Regional Incubator for Social & Economic Research (RISER), and growing our international footprint through stronger international partnerships.
Other initiatives include strengthening engagement with business and local government organisations, more fully understanding and appreciating the extent of University engagement activities, and winning peer recognition for business enterprise.
Local industries and businesses, and wider partnership activities in which FedUni is involved are an essential part of our engagement, and a driver in achieving our goal of being a national leader in engagement by 2020.
- Develop and extend ties with industry representatives and business organisations to foster closer learning, teaching and research links and open stronger pathways between the University and industry.
- Diversify our income streams and educational pathways by increasing commercial ventures and revenue in Ballarat, Gippsland and the Wimmera and through international partnerships.
- Invest in, develop and utilise systems that monitor the University’s industry engagement.
- Expand opportunities for staff to engage with industry and undertake professional development in industry to ensure our teaching, training, research and program design are meeting their needs.
- Continue to build opportunities for student internships, placements and practicums with industry partners as well as promote and enhance apprenticeships and traineeships.