Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement)
Head of Sport Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
What are some of your career highlights?
- Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games
- 2007 World Swimming Championships
- Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games
- Four World University Summer Games
- Masters, Sport Business (Vic Uni)
- Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games
- Volunteer & Board of Directors, Wheelchair Sports Victoria
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job:
- Going to work everyday to think, talk and live sport
- Meeting new people with a shared passion
- Seeing sport unite all corners of the world
- Working on major international projects
- Travel and new adventures
- Volunteering when I'm not working
- No challenges, just opportunities
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at the University of Ballarat?
- Quality group of people - from fellow students to lecturers - sharing an interest in sport
- Fieldwork program, providing opportunities to put theory into practice (which resulted in my 1st job)
- The Mount Bunny run - I've never run so far since!
- The famed PE Society and annual PE Society Balls
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Simple - it is not your degree, it is how you choose to use it
- I encourage students to find a way to improve both your professional and personal opportunities, whether through paid or voluntary roles, look for ways to increase your skills, networks and outcomes
- Never stop learning - look for an opportunity to learn something new every experience
- Take what exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it right first time."
- Henry Royce