TAN, Su Oon
Master of Business Administration
IT Business Systems Analysis Advisor
Dell Global Business Centre
What are some of your career highlights?
- Participated in a global program to replace the existing Order Management system. It not only broadened my understanding on the business operations but also provided me the opportunity to travel around Dell offices worldwide to meet the business owners
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job:
- For me, having the opportunity to work with colleagues all over the world
- Designing system solutions to improve the business may be challenging when needing to deal with the business from every regions for their buy-off may be challenging
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at Federation University Australia?
- Juggling work and studies at the same time. Weekends are mostly sacrificed to attend classes
- Building strong team rapport with my team members
- Rushing assignment deadlines for team assignments and also preparing presentation scripts and rehearsed as a team
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Be positive
- Don't leave assignments to the last minute (however it does not happen almost always!)
- Always follow the course descriptor, you will never go wrong