TAN, Joo Chuan
Master of Business Administration
Financial Analysis Senior Manager
What are some of your career highlights?
- Global role to lead the WW Cost Planning to support various functional teams and $40 billion product costing
- Created a financial model to identify the key drivers to educate the business for financial outlook process improvement
- CFO Award winner for successful migration of DAO Cost Planning from Austin to Penang
- Team lead of People Initiative in Finance
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job:
- The most enjoyable of my job is would be able to sell, influent and contribute to the overall business success, champions the team through coaching and development plans
- The challenging aspect is to develop and grow the team members, build an effective team to align with company's strategic vision
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at Federation University Australia?
- Making new friends from various functional teams, we studied hard, joke and had a fun time, now we became good friends and I truly appreciate the friendship that we built during the MBA program
- Received strong support and understanding from my family, company, management, course-mates, lecturers, staffs, MBA program coordinators to complete my MBA journey. Special thanks to my work group who always encouraging and supporting me during hard times
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Commitment and determination to complete the MBA despite the hard times, family supports is important to get you through
- Enjoy the learning during the class, do not hesitate to ask questions and sharing among the group to enhance the knowledge, there are always things you do not know
- Team work, understanding and compromise is required to work as a group to achieve the goal