LETSON, Rebecca (nee Warnecke)
Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Management
Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
What are some of your career highlights?
Executive Officer - Australia and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
Membership Administration Officer - Geelong Football Club
Marketing Communications Officer - Baseball Victoria
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job
- Assisting surgeons and trainees make a difference in people's lives
- Organising conferences and events
- Travel and experiencing new places
- Juggling work and family life
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at the University of Ballarat?
- The Fieldwork Program - it's the best way to ensure a job after graduation
- The lecturers were all approachable
- The strong sense of community both on campus and in town
- Being known as "Trackies", the PE Society and the PE balls
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Always give 100%. If you're not giving 100%, you're in the wrong job and maybe even the wrong industry
- The learning never stops, however the number of group assignments reduces.
- It's not the piece of paper you get, it's how you use your experiences and how you development networks that gets you where you want to be
- Always remember to give something back in the form of volunteering, be it within sport or some other area of interest to you.