Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Operations Coordinator, Unisports, University of Ballarat
University of Ballarat
What are some of your career highlights?
- Having responsibility for managing large budgets
- Leading and motivating staff
- Returning to work at UB is a career highlight. There are many staff at UB who are former students who appreciate the benefits of studying at UB.
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job
It has been great returning to UB as a staff member. I am currently taking advantage of the learning opportunities for staff by completing a Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education.
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at the University of Ballarat?
- Small class sizes
- Friendships formed with fellow students
- Approachable teaching staff
- Clubs and Societies available to maintain a balance between study and fun
- The annual University Ball
- UB student mentor program
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Take opportunities
- Seek and accept responsibility
- Be patient. After you graduate you may want to take over the world
- First work to establish yourself and identify what you are good at, what you enjoy and what motivates you