The University is very proud of the accomplishments of our graduates and the contribution our alumni give to their chosen industry/profession, communities, and beyond. Our alumni community is diverse and extensive, made up of people from every age group, all walks of life and found all over the globe!
Get to know some of our alumni and read about their experiences since they left the University - Profile listing
Graduation ceremonies are held each year in May and December at the Mt Helen Campus. Faculties select a graduate speaker for each ceremony, to speak on behalf of all graduates.
Below are the most recent speeches:
- Monday 4 May 2015-Mitchell Brotz, Faculty of Education & Arts, Federation College, Industry Skills Centre (pdf, 49.3kb)
- Tuesday 5 May 2015 - Leigh Billington, Faculty of Health (pdf, 66kb)
- Tuesday 5 May 2015 - Chris Quain, Faculty of Health (pdf, 56.3kb)
- Wednesday 6 May 2015 - Rachael Lloyd, Faculty of Science and Technology (pdf, 52.4kb)
- Wednesday 6 May 2015 - Lim Chin Yih, Federation Business School (pdf, 29.6kb)
- Thursday 7 May 2015 - Laura Gillett, Faculty of Education and Arts (pdf, 52.6kb)
- Thursday 7 May 2015 - Adrian Sardelic, Federation Business School (pdf, 34.2kb)
- Thursday 28 May 2015 - Jenna Barratt, Faculty of Education and Arts, Faculty of Health, Federation Business School, Industry Skills Centre (pdf 31.8kb)
- Wednesday 10 December 2014 - Lorne Williams, Faculty of Education and Arts (pdf, 32kb)
- Wednesday 10 December 2014 - Rishi Kanojia, Faculty of Science and Technology (pdf, 32kb)
- Thursday 11 December 2014 - Annabele Gomez, Federation Business School (pdf, 32kb)
- Thursday 11 December 2014 - Sujan Bharati, Federation Business School (pdf, 35kb)
Tell us your story
We are always interested in hearing what you've been doing since you left the University. If you'd like to share what's been happening in your life, we'd like to hear it! Please complete the Graduate Profile (dotx, 220kb) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our alumni have gone on to achieve great renown in their respective fields both in Australia and overseas. Did you know that the following people graduated from our institution?
- Steve Bracks - former Victorian Premier was a graduate of the Ballarat College of Advanced Education (a predecessor institution of Federation University Australia)
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw - A pioneer of the biotechnology industry in India
- Steve Moneghetti - runner and Olympian
- Cyril Callister - the inventor of Vegemite was one of our SMB graduates in 1910!
- Roger Donaldson - Hollywood film director, studied Geology at SMB
- Marcus Wills - 2006 Archibald Prize winner, studied art at the University of Ballarat (Horsham campus)
To view further prominent University alumni, check out the Honour Roll.
The Honour Roll celebrates the lives and achievements of past students and staff. The Honour Roll includes those associated with the Federation University Australia and its predecessor institutions:
- Ballarat School of Mines (SMB)
- Ballarat Junior Technical School (BJTS)
- Ballarat Technical Girls' School (BTJGS)
- Ballarat Teachers' College (BTC)
- State College Victoria
- Ballarat (SCVB)
- Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education (BIAE)
- Ballarat College of Advanced Education (BCAE)
- Ballarat University College (BUC)
- Yallourn Technical School
- Yallourn Technical College
- Gippsland Institute of Advanced Education
- Monash University College Gippsland
- University of Ballarat (UB)
- Monash University Gippsland Campus
Any former student or staff member is eligible for the Honour Roll, and suggestions for inclusion, and further information is welcomed.