Apply directly

Should I apply directly?

You should submit a domestic direct application if you are:

  • An Australian or New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia;
  • Applying for part-time TAFE programs, TAFE programs not listed in the VTAC Guide and short courses;
  • Applying for programs not listed in the VTAC Guide;
  • Applying for mid-year entry (visit the Course Finder for a list of available programs);
  • Not currently studying Year 12 and only applying to study at FedUni and no other institution;
  • Not an existing VTAC applicant;
  • Not currently studying Year 12 in Australia;
  • A current FedUni student wishing to transfer to another FedUni program - do not submit a direct application, you will need to complete an Internal Program Transfer form (pdf, 148kb).

Please note: to be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) you must meet the relevant citizenship and residency requirements. Your study location may affect your CSP eligibility, please visit the fees webpage or the Study Assist website for further information.

Submitting your application

Domestic applications have now closed for Semester 1, 2017.

Domestic Applications for Semester 2, 2017 open  Monday 6 March 2017.

Please visit our Online Application Centre to submit your application. If you have any questions about using the Online Application Centre, please refer to our Ask FedUni page. Visit the Course Finder for information about available programs.

Applications will remain open until the Sunday before the semester start date, subject to places available. However, we recommend you apply as early as possible to allow adequate time for processing. Some programs have earlier closing dates and you are encouraged to check your program information for specific details.

If you are unable to use the Online Application Centre to submit your application, please email , or phone 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864) to request a hard copy application form.

We are currently accepting applications for immediate commencement in the following:

  • Graduate Diploma of Mining
  • Master of Mining Engineering

To apply for one of the above programs, please apply online.

How will my application be assessed?

An application is assessed on the basis of your formal qualifications, background or experience, and whether you meet specific requirements for the program. It is a good idea to check the program requirements in Course Finder before commencing your application. Quotas are usually set for each program, so the level of demand for certain programs may have some influence on whether you are offered a place.

How do I find out about the status of my direct application?

If your application is successful, you will be notified by receiving an offer letter to your nominated email address. If your application has been submitted without sufficient supporting documentation, the Admissions Office will need to contact you, therefore causing a delay in the assessment of your application. Visit our Preparing Your Application page for further details on the type of information you should attach to your application.

If you would like to speak with someone about the status of your application, please call 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864) between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. A staff member will be happy to direct your call to the appropriate person.

*Applies to applications from domestic applicants to higher education undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs at the Ballarat, Berwick, Wimmera and Gippsland campuses, and online learning, where complete and accurate documentation is provided. Excludes weekends and public holidays.

Research applications follow a different process. Refer to the Research Degrees page.