Take the first step in your career in the trades.
If you want a career in the trades, a pre-apprenticeship program will help you get to where you want to go. A pre-apprenticeship program can give you the edge over competitors when you are applying for apprenticeship positions, because you will learn the hands-on skills which employers want.
You will learn how to use the tools for your chosen trade and train on full size, up-to-date equipment in true-to-life situations. You will gain practical experience and the work that you do will give you credit towards your apprenticeship studies.
Successful completion of a pre-apprenticeship can reduce the time it takes to complete your apprenticeship by up to six months. Many pre-apprentices find jobs even before they have completed their program and all receive valuable assistance with job searching skills - all designed to help you take that first step into your trade career.
View information about programs available at the following locations:
Programs in Ballarat
- Certificate II in Automotive Studies (22015VIC)
- Certificate II in Engineering Studies (22209VIC)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making (MSF20313)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways (CPC20211)
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start) (UEE22011)
- Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship) (22304VIC)