Position: Lecturer, Embedded Academic Transition (EAT)
Campus: Mt Helen, Room: E 203
Phone:+6 13 5327-9603
Michelle is the Ballarat coordinator for the Embedded Academic Transitions (EAT) courses. She has previously worked in the FAST program and the EAT courses with Federation College at the Gippsland, SMB and Mt Helen campuses. Michelle has had over 10 years' experience working in education across Australia as a teacher, trainer and lecturer in early childhood, primary and adult education environments. Michelle has worked with Federation University Australia since 2012.
Michelle's research focus is on teaching pedagogy and improved education experience, student success and retention. Her Masters in Education focuses on transition between educational settings.
- Master of Educational Studies, Federation University Australia, 2016
- Certificate IV, TAE, Federation Training, 2010
- Bachelor of Education Studies, La Trobe University, 2005
- Bachelor of Teaching, La Trobe University, 2004
Areas of expertise and research interests
- Transition in education
- Student experiences in higher education
- Educational practices and pedagogies
- Pre-service teacher training
- Language and literacy in education
- Technology in higher education and online/blended delivery