Position: Program Coordinator / Teacher, EAP (English & Academic Preparation)
Campus: SMB Campus, Room: S118
Phone: +61 3 5327 8532
Julie is the Program Coordinator of the English & Academic Preparation Program (EAP), which is designed to assist international students with their English language skills in preparation for entering various undergraduate and post-graduate programs at Federation University Australia. She has taught in the General English Program with domestic English students at Federation University Australia since 2013, after teaching ESL in secondary schools for five years. She has also taught in the FAST program, developing the mathematics curriculum and working as a tutor for university transition subjects.
Julie is particularly interested in empowering students by helping them to develop their language, literacy and numeracy skills so that they can achieve their academic and career goals.
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction (Literature & Linguistics), Deakin University – 2005
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary), Methods in English and ESL, ACU – 2006
- Diploma of Professional Writing & Editing, University of Ballarat – 2013
- Masters in Creative Writing, Publishing & Editing, University of Melbourne – In progress
Areas of expertise and research interests
- English language
- Professional writing and editing
- Creative writing
- Adult literacy and numeracy