Dr Christine Lee
|Position:||Lecturer in Management|
|Location:||Gippsland - 5N 178|
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Monash University, Australia
- Master of Management Studies, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Diploma in Management Studies, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Dundee, Scotland
Dr Christine Lee is a Lecturer in the Federation Business School, Gippsland Campus. Prior to the formation of Federation University, she taught many management and tourism subjects in the Department of Management at Monash University, Gippsland Campus. Her professional experiences include serving on the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee, honorary work as an associate editor for the Higher Education Research and Development (HERD) journal, reviewer for many academic journals and papers for conferences, chairing sessions at conferences, postgraduate thesis examiner, and author and reviewer for various publishers. She has been successful in competing for numerous internal and external research grants, and community grants over the years.
Her research and publications relate principally to multiculturalism, health, tourism, international business and management.
Journal articles, reports and book chapters
Townsend, P. and Lee, C. (2010) The relevance of human resource management theory on the management practices of hospitality providers on Phillip Island Victoria, Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, 18(2), 61-76.
Subhash, K. B, Weiermair, K., Lee, C, Scaglione, M. (2010). What constitutes health tourism: An Ayurvedic viewpoint, role of social venture capital in rejuvenating Ayurveda tradition. Special Edition: Journal of Taiwan Hospitality and Tourism 7: 55-81.
Lee, C., Bergin-Seers, S., Galloway, G., O'Mahony, B. and McMurray, A. (2008). Seasonality and the Tourism Industry: Impacts and Strategies. Sustainable Tourism CRC (STCRC) Technical Report.
Beeton, S, Bergin-Seers, S and Lee, C. (2007). Environmentally sustainable practices of Victorian Tourism Enterprises. Sustainable Tourism CRC (STCRC) Technical Report.
Lee, C. (2007). Medical tourism, an innovative opportunity for entrepreneurs. Journal of Asia Entrepreneurship and Sustainability 3(1):110-123.
Lee, C. (2007). Just what the doctor ordered. Monash Business Review 3(3):10-12.
Lee, C. (2007). The theory v practice balance at universities. E-book: Volume 46 of the At the Interface Series - The Value of Knowledge. Morley, I (ed.) Inter-Disciplinary Press. ISBN: 978-1-904710-45-5.
Conference publications and presentations
Lee, C. and Gunaratne, K.A. (2014) Multicultural challenges in today's environment. World Business, Finance and Management Conference, Auckland, 8 – 9 December.
Gunaratne, K.A. and Lee, C. (2014) Modelling and validating the motivation of New Zealanders' to use social media. World Business, Finance and Management Conference, Auckland, 8 – 9 December.
Lee, C. (2014) Opportunities and threats in a globalised world. Medical Tourism Summit, Melbourne, 20 – 21 November.
Lee, C. (2013) Evolution in orchestrating distance teaching. HERSLEB International Conference, Melbourne, 11 – 12 December.
Lee, C. (2013) Teaching and learning for the present and future. HERSLEB International Conference, Melbourne, 11 – 12 December.
Lee, C. and Spisto, M. (2013) The impact of globalisation and technology on the effectiveness of teaching and evaluation in the modern classroom. PERA Teaching and Learning Symposium. Melbourne 22 – 23 November.
Lee, C. (2013) Challenges in educating youth in today's environment. Poster Presentation. FECCA Conference, Gold Coast, 7th and 8th November.
Lee, C. and Dettrick, G. (2013) Challenges in mitigating barriers to regional settlement. Poster Presentation. FECCA Conference, Gold Coast, 7th and 8th November.
Association and memberships
- International Leadership Association (ILA), USA
- Academy of International Business (AIB), USA
- Strategic Management Society (SMS), USA
- Academy of Management (AOM), USA
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA), Australia
- New Zealand Institute of Management (NZIM), New Zealand
- Deputy-Chair & Secretary, Gippsland Ethnic Communities' Council, Gippsland Ethnic Communities' Council (GECC).
- Walhalla Tourist Railway Committee of Management, Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI).
- Latrobe City Tourism Advisory Board (Latrobe City Council).
- Board of Directors, Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria (ECCV).
- Regional Development Advisory Committee, Federation of Ethnic Communities' Council of Australia (FECCA).
- Regional Advisory Council, Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC).