|Location|| Mt Helen,|
- B.Bus (Griffith)
- LLB (Griffith)
- MBA (SCU)
- LLM (UNE)
- Grad Cert Tertiary Teaching (USQ)
- Cert. IV Workplace Training and Assessment
In academia, Eric has been an academic with the former University of Ballarat and Federation University Australia since 2009. Immediately prior to his appointment at the Federation University Australia, he was appointed with the James Cook University Law School as a lecturer in law which followed an earlier appointment at Central Queensland University (Rockhampton) as a lecturer in Law. Eric has been involved as a staff member of the Australian Tertiary Education Sector since 1999. Eric is a volunteer for the Office of Correctional Services Review as an Independent Prison Visitor.
Current research interests include; identity theft, forgery, Internet regulation and cyber-crime. Eric is completing doctoral research with a focus on how historical offences can inform modern crime responses. In addition research interests also include researching into the pedagogical challenges in teaching law in higher education.
Grants and awards
- Central Queensland University - Learning and Teaching Grant with Dr Kristy Richardson and Jennifer Butler (internal grant) 2007
- University of Ballarat – School of Business L&T funded Research Project by Eric Holm (internal grant) 2009
- Research Student of the Year – Law Faculty Bond University 2011
- Vice Chancellor's Award for Contributions to Student Learning – University of Ballarat 2010
- Business School – Most Outstanding Teacher – University of Ballarat 2012
- Federation Business School – L&T Innovation fund (internal grant) with Dr Patrick O'Leary 2014
Eric Holm, ‘The Darknet: A New Passageway to Identity Theft’ (2017) 6(1) International Journal of Information Security and Cybercrime 41.
Eric Holm, ‘Identity Crime: Deliberating on Remedies for the Victim’ (2015) 4(2) International Journal of Information Security and Cybercrime 49.
Eric Holm, 'The Role of the Refrigerator in Identity Crime?' (2016) 5(1) International Journal of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics.
Eric Holm, 'Social Networking, the Catalyst for Identity Thefts in the Digital Society' (2014) 6(3) International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences (pdf).
Eric Holm and Geraldine Mackenzie, 'The Significance of Mandatory Data Breach Warnings to Identity Crime' (2014) 3(3) International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (pdf)
Lijiao Cheng, Ying Li, Wenli Li, Eric Holm and Qingguo Zhai, 'Understanding the violation of IS security policy in organizations: An integrated model based on social control and deterrence theory' (2013) 39 Computers & Security.
Eric Holm, 'Responding to Identity Crime on the Internet' (2012) 1(2) International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (pdf).
Kristy Richardson, Jennifer Butler and Eric Holm, 'Teaching law to non-law students: The use of problem solving models in legal teaching' (2009) 6(2) Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation and development.
Eric Holm, 'Using real-life scenarios in law to prepare graduates for professional working practices' in Ed Errington (ed), Preparing Graduates for the Profession (Post Pressed, 2009).
Refereed conference proceedings
Eric Holm and Geraldine Mackenzie, 'The importance of mandatory data breach notification to identity crime' (Paper presented at the Third International Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Warfare, and Digital Forensic, Lebanon, 29 April–May 1 2014).
Eric Holm, 'Social Networking and Identity Theft in the Digital Society' (Paper presented at the Eighth International Conference on Digital Society, Spain, 23 March-27 March 2014).
Eric Holm, 'Responding to Identity Crime on the Internet' (Paper presented at the International Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Warfare and Digital Forensics, Malaysia, 26 June-28 June 2012.
Eric Holm, 'Information and privacy in the digital age' (Paper presented at the 14th Annual Global Finance Conference, Australia 1 April-4 April 2007.
Association and memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Ballarat & District Law Association
- Australian Law Teachers Association
- Corporate Law Teachers Association
- Australian Human Resource Institute
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers