Soliman, Ahmed (Dr)
Principal Advisor, Geotechnical - Xstrata Zinc
- PhD Geotechnical Engineering, The University of Western Australia, 2000
- Post Graduate Diploma, Applied Geology, Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia, 1996
- MSc Geotechnical Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt, 1987
- BSc (Honours degree), Civil Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt, 1981
- Corporate member, Australian Institution of Engineers
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Open pit stability and soil slope stability
- Overburden dump and waste rock dump stability
- Site investigation and advanced in-situ testing
- Design and construction of tailings dams
- Management geotechnical projects
- Advanced laboratory testing
- Numerical modelling and analysis
- Earthwork and QA/QC
- Soil liquefaction
- Ground improvement
- Design of shallow and deep foundations
Publications"Brown Coal Open Pit, Yallourn Eastfield, Victoria Flac Modelling: Morwell River Diversion Channel-Southern Batters Buffer Width", A. Soliman, B. Wood and D. Hibberd, Australian Geomechanics Society Journal, Vol 42, No.2, June 2007, pp.87-96
"Millbrook Dam, South Australia - Numerical Modeling of Large Deformations", A. Soliman, M. Coulthard, P. Russell, A. Parsons., Proceedings of the 4th International FLAC Symposium on Numerical Modeling in Geomechanics, Madrid, Spain, 2006.
"Flac: Modelling the past, tool for the future - Millbrook Dam - South Australia" A. Soliman, M. Coulthard, P. Russell, A. Parsons. Proceedings of the 44th Annual ANCOLD/ NZSOLD Conference, Victoria, Australia, 2004.
"Evaluation of nonlinear elastic soil models using centrifuge tesing" Ahmed Soliman & Martin Fahey. Proceedings of the 7th Australian-NewZealand Conference on Geomechanics, "Geomechanics in a Changing World" 1996, Adelaide, South Australia.
"Measurement and interpretation of shear modulus in SBP tests in sand" Ahmed Soliman & Martin Fahey. Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on "The Pressuremeter and Its New Avenues" 1995, Sherbrooke, Canada.
"Measuring the small-strain behaviour of sand in-situ" Martin Fahey & Ahmed A. Soliman. Proceeding of the International Symposium on "Pre-Failure Deformations Characteristics of Geomaterial" 1994, Sapporo, Japan.
"Towards a rational method of predicting settlements of spread footings on sand"; Martin Fahey, PK Robertson & Ahmed A. Soliman. Proceedings of Settlement' 94 "Vertical and Horizontal Deformations of Foundations and Embankments" 1994, Texas, USA.