Wang, Yutang (Dr) - Research
Current Research Project/Students
The effect of renal sympathetic denervation on cardiovascular diseases
- Current PhD students: Ma S Gawned, Michelle Maier, Helen de Weerd
- Current Honors students: Ahmed Alramahi, Alexander Cole, Ketura Parker
Consulting and Other Activities
Dr Wang is an editor of the following journals:
- Austin Journal of Cardiovascular Disease and Atherosclerosis
- Austin Journal of neurosurgery, ISSN 2381-8972
- Frontiers in Physiology, ISSN 1664-042X
- Medicine, ISSN 0025-7974
He is an editorial board member of the following journals:
- Austin Journal of Neurosurgery
- Case Reports in Internal Medicine, ISSN 2332-7243
- Frontiers in Physiology, ISSN 1664-042X
- Medicine, ISSN 0025-7974
- S Krishna, SW Seto, Roby Jose, E Biros, C Moran, Y Wang, P Clancy, J Golledge. A peptide antagonist of thrombospondin-1 promotes abdominal aortic aneurysm progression in the angiotensin II-infused apolipoprotein-E deficient mouse. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB) 2015;35:389-98 (impact factor: 5.533)
- Y Wang. Letter bY Wang Regarding Article, "Efficacy and safety of catheter-based radiofrequency renal denervation in stented renal arteries" Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2015;8:e002117 (impact factor: 6.982).
- Y Wang. Is isolated systolic hypertension an indication for renal denervation? Frontiers in Physiology 2014;5:505.
- Y Wang. Ethnicity and sympathetic tone: predictors of the blood-pressure response to renal denervation? Nature Reviews Cardiology 2014; 11:638 (impact factor: 10.154).
- Y Wang. Letter bY Wang Regarding Article, "Renal Denervation for the Treatment of Cardiovascular High Risk-Hypertension or Beyond?" Circulation Research 2014; 115: e18 (impact factor: 11.089).
- Y Wang. Could pathophysiology failure be ruled out? American Journal of Medicine 2014; 127:e29 (impact factor: 5.302).
- Y Wang. What is the true incidence of renal artery stenosis after sympathetic denervation? Frontiers in Integrative Physiology 2014; 5:311.
- Y Wang. Ambulatory blood pressure may be designed as the primary efficacy outcome in clinical trials on renal denervation. International Journal of Cardiology 2014;176:1262-1263 (impact factor: 6.175).
- Y Wang. Single-sided renal denervation may be not suitable for patients with significant renal artery stenosis. Clinical Research in Cardiology 2014; 2014;103:950-951 (impact factor: 3.667).
- Y Wang, TI Emeto, J Lee, L Marshman, C Moran, S Seto, and J Golledge. Mouse models of intracranial aneurysm. Brain Pathology 2014; Doi: 10.1111/bpa.12175 (impact factor: 4.739).
- Y Wang, SM Krishna, J Moxon, TN Dinh, RJ Jose, H Yu, J Golledge. Influence of apolipoprotein E, age and aortic site on calcium phosphate induced abdominal aortic aneurysm in mice. Atherosclerosis 2014;235:204-12 (impact factor: 3.794).
- Y Wang. Renal denervation for resistant hypertension-the Symplicity HTN-1 study. Lancet 2014; 383:1885 (impact factor: 39.060).
- Y Wang. Renal denervation: the Irish experience. Hellenic Journal of Cardiology 2014;55:516 (impact factor: 1.227).
- Y Wang. It may be not suitable to perform renal denervation in renal arteries with significant stenosis. International Journal of Cardiology 2014;174:750 (impact factor: 6.175).
- Y Wang. Patients with renal artery stenosis may not be suitable for renal denervation. Clinical Research in Cardiology 2014;103:585-586 (impact factor: 3.667).
- Y Wang. Limitations in current clinical trials on renal denervation. International Journal of Cardiology 2014; 174:225 (impact factor: 6.175).
- Y Wang. Renal artery stenosis may be responsible for the gradual return of high blood pressure after renal denervation. Journal of Clinical Hypertension 2014; 16:313 (impact factor: 2.364).
- E Biros, CS Moran, Y Wang, PJ Walker, J Cardinal, J Golledge. MicroRNA profiling in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms: the significance of miR-155. Clinical Science 2014;126:795-803 (impact factor: 4.859).
- Y Wang. More research is needed to investigate the effect of denervation on blood pressure. Hypertension 2014;63:e85 (impact factor: 7.632).
- Y Wang. It is urgent to investigate predictors of the response of blood pressure to renal denervation. Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2014;30:465.e7 (impact factor: 3.122).
- Y Wang, SW Seto and J Golledge. Angiotensin II, sympathetic nerve activity and chronic heart failure. Heart Failure Reviews 2014;19:187-198 (impact factor: 3.200).
- Y Shen, NC Ward, JM Hodgson, IB Puddey, Y Wang, D Zhang, GJ Maghzal, R Stocker, KD Croft. Dietary quercetin attenuates oxidant-induced endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E knockout mice fed a high-fat diet: A critical role for heme oxygenase-1. Free Radic Biol Med 2013;65:908-915. (impact factor: 5.271).
- Y Wang, K Denton, and J Golledge. Control of salt and volume retention cannot be ruled out as a mechanism underlying the blood pressure-lowering effect of renal denervation. Hypertension Research 2013;36:1006-7 (impact factor 2.576).
- Y Wang, SW Seto, J Golledge. Therapeutic effects of renal denervation on renal failure. Curr Neurovasc Res 2013;10:172-184 (impact factor: 2.719).
- Y Wang and J Golledge. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase and sympathetic nerve activity in neurovascular and metabolic systems. Curr Neurovasc Res 2013;10:81-89 (impact factor: 2.719).
- Y Wang, S Krishna and J Golledge. The calcium chloride-induced rodent model of abdominal aortic aneurysm. Atherosclerosis 2013;226:29-39 (impact factor: 3.794).
- Y Wang, C Tikellis, M Thomas and J Golledge. Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 and atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis 2013;226:3-8 (impact factor: 3.794).
- Y Wang, S Krishna, PJ Walker, P Norman and J Golledge. Transforming growth factor-? and abdominal aortic aneurysms. Cardiovasc Pathol 2013;22:126-132 (impact factor: 2.066).
- Y Shen, KD Croft, JM Hodgson, R Kyle, Lee IL, Y Wang, R Stocker, NC Ward. Quercetin and its metabolites improve vessel function by inducing eNOS activity via phosphorylation of AMPK. Biochemical Pharmacology 2012;84:1036-1044 (impact factor: 4.705).
- D Changsiri, Y Wang, D Rajbhandari, G Maghzal, WM Mak, C Woolfe, J Duflou, V Gebski, CG. dos Remedios, DS Celermajer and R Stocker. Tryptophan metabolism to kynurenine is a potential novel contributor to hypotension in human sepsis. Critical Care Medicine 2011;39:2678-2683 (impact factor: 6.594).
- K Jackman, VH Brait, Y Wang, GJ Maghzal, HJ Ball, G McKenzie, TM De Silva, R Stocker and CG Sobey. Vascular expression, activity and function of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 following cerebral ischaemia-reperfusion in mice. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology 2011;383:471-481 (impact factor: 2.631).
- K Beck, BJ Wu, J Ni, FS Santiago, K Malabanan, C Li, Y Wang, LM Khachigian and R Stocker. Interplay between heme oxygenase-1 and the multifunctional transcription factor Yin Yang 1 in the inhibition of intimal hyperplasia. Circulation Research 2010;107:1490-1497 (impact factor: 9.989).
- Y Wang. Re: The pathophysiology of preeclampsia: current clinical concepts. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2010;30:426-427 (impact factor: 0.546).
- Y Wang, H Liu, JP Stasch, G McKenzie, PK Witting, D Changsiri, BJ Wu, HJ Ball, SR Thomas, V Kapoor, DS Celermajer, AL Mellor, JF Keaney, Jr, NH Hunt and R Stocker. Kynurenine is an endothelium-derived relaxing factor produced during inflammation. Nature Medicine 2010;16:279-285 (impact factor: 27.553).
- Y Wang, Y Wen, Y Fang, H Pang, Z Guo, L Shi and J Li. Experimental vasoprotection by a novel erythrocyte-derived depressing factor in rats with arterial calcinosis. Vascular Pharmacology 2009;50:65-70 (impact factor: 2.319).
- BJ Wu, RG Midwinter, KC Cassano, K Beck, Y Wang, D Changsiri, JR Gamble and R Stocker. Heme oxygenase-1 increases endothelial progenitor cells. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 2009;29:1537-1542 (impact factor: 6.858).
- H Pang, Y Wen, N Ma, Y Wang and L Shi. Protective role of a novel erythrocyte-derived depressing factor on blood vessels of renovascular hypertensive rats. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 2007;34:393-398 (impact factor: 2.196).
- N Ma, Y Wang, Y Wen. Protective effects of an erythrocyte-derived depressing factor on blood vessels of hypertensive diabetic rats. Basic Medical Sciences and Clinics 2004;24:566-569.
- Y Wang, Y Wen, N Ma and L Shi. Cardiac protective role of a novel erythrocyte-derived depressing factor on rats and its Ca2+ mechanism. Chinese Science Bulletin 2003;48:2710-2714 (impact factor: 1.319).
- Y Wang, YY Wen, L Shi, H Pang, N Ma, YY Fu. Action mechanism of a new erythrocyte-derived depressing factor anti-vascular aging. Central South Pharmacy 2003;1:71-74.
- H Pang, Y Wen, L Shi, N Ma and Y Wang. Protective role of a novel human erythrocyte-derived depressing factor on blood vessels in rats. Chinese Science Bulletin 2002;47:717-721 (impact factor: 1.319).
- Y Wang, Y Wen, H Pang, L Shi, N Ma. Comparison of the action of human and porcine erythrocyte-derived depressing factor. Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae 2002;24:344-348.
- Y Wang, H Zheng. Experimental research of Taoxingru Emulsion on injury caused by motor vehicle exhaust gas. Journal of Integrative Medicine 2000;9:2338-2340.
- JR Yuan, R Rong, Y Wang. Research on volatile oil component in szechwan lovge rhizome. Journal of Chinese Medicine 1999;34:406.