The Faculty of Science and Technology spans many discipline areas within science, engineering, information technology and mathematics. Research is carried out in a diverse range of areas including:
- climate change and landscape restoration
- mathematical optimisation: theory and methods
- geotechnical and civil engineering
- resources engineering and metallurgy
- information and communications technology
- biomedical science.
A common theme underpinning nearly all research within the Faculty is a concern with the impact of that research on the environment, society and economy in which we live, on a regional, national and global scale. Our research seeks to make a positive difference to people and environment for our nation and the world through science and technology. We welcome your participation and collaboration in our quest for innovation and application.