Do you see problems that need to be solved? If you have always wanted to shape the world for the better then Engineering may be the career for you.
Engineers are crucial to the development of the technologies that will shape our future world for the better. Whether that is developing the next generation of wind turbines to help reduce global warming or developing better road systems to minimise traffic hold ups, are just two areas where engineers are the key people needed to implement change.
Solve real problems
Federation University offers a range of exciting engineering study options that are accredited by Engineers Australia to enable you to become a professional engineer. We have recently been ranked number 1 in Victoria for Student Satisfaction in Engineering in the 2017 Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT).
At Federation University you can study Mining, Civil, Mechanical or Mechatronics Systems Engineering to honours level and with our common first year of study you can take your time to decide on the branch of engineering that best suits you. If you don’t have the necessary entry requirements we have alternative pathways via a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Engineering or our new engineering diploma of foundation studies that facilitate entry into the second year of the degree.
If you want to develop skills and knowledge in another branch of engineering or deepen your knowledge then at a postgraduate level we have MSc programs in Mining, Mechanical, Civil and Maintenance and Reliability Engineering.
We have recently reviewed and improved our range of engineering programs to facilitate mid-year entry, encourage project based learning, facilitate cross-discipline learning, and be better aligned to industry needs and recent technological advancements. Another feature is the common first year of study which means students are not locked into an area of specialisation until the second year of their degree program. Students in their first year also take part in the Engineers without Borders challenge and in 2015 mechatronic systems students won the Victoria challenge.
Our range of engineering specialisations through our four year undergraduate honours degrees as well as postgraduate programs, ensures that Federation University is your pathway to a successful career in engineering.
With a Federation University degree, you will become a professional engineer and work at a high level to define, manage and realise engineering solutions.
Industry placements are a vital component of our undergraduate engineering programs. All students must complete at least 12 weeks of suitable practical experience during their studies.
These honours programs are suitable for school leavers with the appropriate entry and those with experience wishing to return to study.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Systems Engineering (Honours)
Our postgraduate coursework programs in mining, maintenance and reliability engineering are well known in industry.
These programs are suitable for those with existing undergraduate tertiary qualifications and/or industry experience.
- Master of Mining Engineering Ballarat
- Master of Engineering Technology (Civil Engineering) Ballarat
- Master of Engineering Technology (Mechanical Engineering) Ballarat
- Master of Engineering Technology (Mining Engineering) Ballarat
- Graduate Diploma of Mining Ballarat and online learning
- Graduate Certificate in Reliability Engineering Online learning
- Graduate Certificate in Maintenance Management Online learning
- Graduate Diploma of Engineering Maintenance Management Online learning
- Master of Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Online learning
- Master of Engineering Science Ballarat, Gippsland
- Doctor of Philosophy - Engineering Ballarat, Gippsland
All of our Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Engineering Technology programs are accredited by Engineers Australia at the professional level.