From lager to ale, porter to stout, the art of brewing reaches back millennia.
Hone your craft at the University's own unique microbrewery, and continue our proud tradition of brewing education that dates back to 1971.
The emphasis within the Graduate Certificate/Diploma of Brewing is on developing a sound knowledge - both theory and practical - of core concepts and issues in the malting and brewing industries. FedUni also offers a short program in malting and brewing, which covers the basic science behind brewing.
Ideal for individuals and industry, these programs will assist students in shaping their own brewing careers.
- Graduate Certificate of Brewing (no entry in 2016*)
- Graduate Diploma of Brewing (no entry in 2016)
- Doctor of Philosophy
* Places within this postgraduate program are highly competitive, and are typically filled by applicants who have at a minimum completed bachelor level studies. If you have not completed a Bachelor degree, it is recommended you look at undertaking one of the following pathways to strengthen any future application:
Undergraduate pathway > postgraduate study: If you have completed Year 12, or have appropriate TAFE studies, we offer:
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, available at the Mt Helen campus, the Gippsland campus, and on-line
- Bachelor of Science, available vat the Mt Helen campus, the Gippsland campus, and on-line
TAFE pathway > undergraduate study > postgraduate study: If you do not have the entry requirements for a bachelors degree, a TAFE course that includes chemistry and ideally biology / microbiology if possible would be most appropriate to allow entry to a Science degree, leading to the ultimate goal of the Graduate Certificate of Brewing. A TAFE Certificate IV in Food Processing / Laboratory Techniques / Winemaking, etc may be appropriate starting points. At Fed Uni we offer a Certificate IV in Food Science and Technology.
The Introduction to Distilling - Short Program will be delivered from 7 to 10 December, 2015. Applications have now closed.
The Malting and Brewing Short Program is unlikely to be offered in 2016. Please revisit our website periodically for further updates.