Dr Shaun Watson
Phone: (03) 5327 9622
- BAppSc(Info Mgt) Deakin
- Grad Dip Psych
- PhD Monash
- Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Self-conscious emotions, primarily shame and guilt
- Personality, primarily biological models
- Relationships between the above and psychopathology
- Beer perception (seriously!)
- DSM-5 Personality and Proneness to Shame and Guilt
- The Role of Personality and Cognitive Biases in Social Observation Anxiety
- The Relationship between Reinforcement Sensitivity Theory, Fear of Negative Evaluation, and Social Anxiety
- The Unique Relationships Between r-RST and PTSD Symptoms
- The Relationship between Revised Reinforcement Sensitivity Theory Dimensions and Acute Stress Disorder Symptoms
- The Relationship Between Personality in Relation to Revised Reinforcement Sensitivity Theory Dimensions and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Symptoms
- Nature connectedness: Associations with subjective well-being and pro-environmental behaviour.
- Connectedness to nature and subjective well-being: The mediating effects of self-concept clarity.
- Resilience and depression: The role of the positive cognitive triad.
- Fostering resilience: Examination of the role of physical activity and self-efficacy.
- The resilience of younger adults following major life events.
- The relationship between physical activity, domains of self-esteem and depressive symptoms.
- The role of perceived freedom in leisure in the relationship between leisure participation, and psychological distress in adults.
- The relationship between age, participation in leisure activities, and perceived freedom in leisure in women.
- The subjective well-being of single mothers: The role of locus of control and social support.
- The role of social support in the relationship between stress and well-being in first year university students.
Watson, S., Gomez, R., & Gullone, E. (2015). The shame and guilt scales of the Test of Self-Conscious Affect - Adolescent (TOSCA-A): Factor structure, concurrent and discriminant validity, and measurement and structural invariance across ratings of males and females. Assessment, Advance Online Publication. doi:10.1177/1073191115608942
Lesniowska, R., Gent, A., & Watson, S. (2015). Maternal fatigue, parenting self-efficacy, and overreactive discipline during the early childhood years: A test of a mediation model. Clinical Psychologist. doi:10.1111/cp.12056
Chesler, J., McLaren, S., Klein, B., & Watson, S. (2015). The effects of playing Nintendo Wii on depression, sense of belonging and social support in Australian aged care residents: a protocol study of a mixed methods intervention trial. BMC geriatrics, 15(1), 106-106. doi:10.1186/s12877-015-0107-z
Hughes, E. K., Gullone, E., & Watson, S. D. (2011). Emotional functioning in children and adolescents with elevated depressive symptoms. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 33, 335-345. doi:10.1007/s10862-011-9220-2