Phone: (03) 5327 9047(03) 5327 9047
- Doctor of Philosophy (Nursing) University of Canberra, candidate 2014
- Post Graduate Diploma Education (Secondary) Science & Mathematics. Edith Cowan University, 2003
- Post Graduate Diploma Nursing; Curtin University of Technology, 1999
- Bachelor of Nursing - Health and Human Sciences. Post-Registration. Edith Cowan University. 1995
- Paediatrics/Neonates Intensive Care Post Graduate Diploma of Nursing. Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Camperdown, NSW, 1982
- Diploma of Nursing. Manly District Hospital NSW, 1980
- Undergraduate – , Nursing Caring, Clinical Practice, Complex & Critical Care
- Post Graduate – Critical Care
- 2015 – CCCAN
- 2014 - NTEU
- 2009 – 2015 Australian Nurses Federation.
- 1995 – present Member Royal College of Nursing, Australia. Now CAN
- 2007 – 2009 NSW Nurses Association.
- 2001 – present Australian Association For Research in Education.
Grants and awards
- Coleman, M.E., Kristjanson, L., Jackson, G., & McConigley. (2001). Lower Great Southern Primary Health Service Asthma Program Evaluation. Health Department, Western Australia. $38,600.
- Maltby, H., Marshall, C., Coleman, M.E., & Kristjanson, L. (2001). Replication and Testing of SNIPAC (Vermont, USA). Agency for Health Care Quality and Research Small Grant US$66,000.
- Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H. J., Jackson, G., & Kristjanson, L. Replication and Testing of SNIPAC (Vermont, USA). Children's' Mental Health Group, New York Agency for Health Care Quality and Research Small Grant.
- Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H. J., Jackson, G., & Kristjanson, L. (1999). Development And Testing Of The SNIPAC Tool. Australian Research Council University Grant Scheme (>$5000) $16,400.
- Coleman, M.E., Maltby, H.J., & Kristjanson, L. (1998). Parents' perceptions of living with a child with asthma: A phenomenological study. Australian Research Council/University Grant Scheme (>$5000) $12,996.
- Coleman, M. E. (1997). Aboriginal Student Nurses Perceptions' of Learning and Teaching at a Tertiary Level. Thesis by researchfor PhD (Nursing), ECU.RCNA $1500 plusNRBWA Post graduate award 2000 ($2,000)
- Molan, E., Coleman, M.E., James, F., Jenista, J., Northam, H. L., Aitken, M., Fergusen, S. (2015). International students in Bachelor of Nursing- identifying strategies for a positive experience throughout the student life cycle. Pilot Research Project Research internally funded Disciplines of Nursing and Midwifery. Commenced March 2015.
- Coleman, M. E., Northam, H.L., Delaney, L.J., Curry, M., Cussack, A. (2015). Multi-disciplinary health staff needs analysis of end-of life care in the ICU (A re analysis to address rigor and validity). Research Project internally supported by the Discipline of Nursing & Midwifery, University of Canberra.
- Coleman, M. E. ( 2014 - ongoing). Lived experience of N.O.K./Significant others of patients that have received End of Life care in the ICU. PhD candidate
- Coleman, M.E., Cussack, A., Knight, T., Northam, H. (2014). Needs analysis of the multi-disciplinary staff in relation to the delivery of End of Life Care in ICU at Canberra Hospital. (Internally funded research The Canberra Hospital).
- Marriott, R., Armson, A., Coleman, M.E., Medigovich, K., Peel Health Campus, & Mandurah Aged Care Facility (2004 - 2005). The Identification of Priorities forNursing Research in the Peel Region of Western Australia: A Delphi Study. $19,216.68 from Murdoch University Research & Development Board.
- Nominated for the Betty Watts Award for Indigenous Education Research, Australian Association For Research in Education. 2001.
- Nominated by students for the Vice-Chancellors Teaching in Excellence Award 2000.
- Awarded Nurses Board of WA Post Graduate Research Award 2000 ($2,000).
- Admitted to the RCNA as member in 1995.
- Awarded a RCNA scholarship to assist with Master Degree of Nursing. 1998 ($1,500)
- Awarded a Curtin University of Technology Post –graduate scholarship to meet HECS Awarded Commonwealth Post Graduate study scholarship – PhD 2014
- End of Life Care in the Intensive Care – Multidisciplinary and family needs and perceptions.
- Indigenous and International Nursing Students Needs and Perceptions of Learning at University
- Impact of Health on Families specifically chronically ill children.
Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H. J., Robinson, S. & Kristjanson, L. (2001). ChronicPulmonary Diseases; supporting the needs of parents of children with asthma: In Primary Care Pediatrics, C, Hernandz-Greene, J. K, Singleton, & D.Z, Aronzon. Philadelphia, USA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Chapter 55: Part 3. 699-702.
Molan, E., Coleman, M.E., James, F., Jenista, J., Northam, H. L., Aitken, M., Fergusen, S. (2015). International students in Bachelor of Nursing- identifying strategies for a positive experience throughout the student life cycle. Nursing Education. (In preparation).
Coleman, M. E., Northam, H.L., Delaney, L. J., Curry, M., Cussack, A. (2015). Multi-disciplinary health staff needs analysis of end-of life care in the ICU. BMJ. (In preparation)
Coleman, M. E., Browne, J. & Northam, H. L. (2015). Scoping Literature review of Endo of Life care and the perceptions of family/ significant others. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care or Australian Criotical Care Journal. (In preparation)
Toye, C., Kristjanson, L.J., Coleman, M.E., Maltby, H.J., & Jackson, G. (2005). Psychometric Testing and Refinement of the Support Needs Inventory for Parents of Asthmatic Children (SNIPAC). Journal Quantitative Measurement. Vol 9.
Toye, C., Kristjanson, L. J., Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H., & Jackson, G. (2004) Psychometric testing and refinement of the Support Needs Inventory for Parents of Asthmatic Children.Journal of Nursing Measurement 02/2004; 12(3):179-93. DOI:10.1891/jnum. 12.3.179
Maltby, H.J., Kristjanson, L.J., & Coleman, M.E. (2003). The Parenting Competency Framework: Learning to be a Parent of a Child with Asthma, InternationalJournal of Nursing Practice 9(6).
Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H. J. & Kristjanson, L. (2002). 'Waiting To Exhale': Parents' Perceptions of Living with a Child with Asthma, The Australian Experience. Contemporary Nursing, 18.5
Coleman, M.E. & Kristjanson, L. (2001)'Trials and Tribulations': Indigenous Nursing
Education. Australian Association for Research in Education 2001. International Education Research Conference: ISSN 1324-9320
Coleman, M. E., Maltby, H. J. & Kristjanson, L. (2001). The Lived Experience of Parents with Asthmatic Children; SNIPAC Instrument Development. Paediatric Nursing.
Coleman, M.E. (2000) Waiting to Exhale: Support for parents of children with asthma. Nursing Review, September: 37
Coleman, M.E. (2003). Surfing Through Science. Web based learning and resource for Science Secondary Students (Year 8 -10) of Western Australia. Developed and maintained by author.
Hendrika, J Maltby; Hendrika JM; Kristjanson, Linda; Kristjanson L; Coleman, Mardhie; Coleman M. Kinder und Asthma: (2003). The parenting competency framework: learning to be a parent of a child with asthma. Quelle: Int J Nurs Pract 2003 Dec;9(6):368-73.Literaturrecherche: U.S.National Library of Medicine's PubMed ®
Hendrika J Maltby RN PhD FRCNA, Linda Kristjanson RN PhD and Mardhie E Coleman RN MRCNA PhD(cand).RESEARCH PAPER: The parenting competency framework: Learning to be a parent of a child with asthma: International Journal of Nursing Practice. Volume 9Issue (6) 368. December 2003. doi:10.1046/j.1440- 72X.2003. 00445
Coleman, M. E. (1999). Phenomenological study of Aboriginal nursing students'perceptions of learning at tertiary level.