Phone: (03) 5327 6691
Discipline: Outdoor environmental education
- Master of Outdoor and Environmental Education (by research), La Trobe University (commenced 2015)
- Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education, Victoria University, 1998
- Graduate Diploma in Outdoor Education, La Trobe University, 1997
- Bachelor of Architecture (Hons), University of Melbourne, 1992
- Bachelor of Planning and Design, University of Melbourne, 1989
- Coastal environments
- Community and bush environments
- Connecting with nature
- Contemporary issues in outdoor education
- Teaching in outdoor environmental education
- Water environments
- Environment Education Victoria
- Australian Association of Environmental Education
Victorian Environmental and Sustainability Educator of the Year 2014
Sustainability education; particularly in alpine environments. Other research interests are measuring and mitigating environmental impacts of outdoor education programs, and investigating the effects of (outdoor) gear making and repair on attitudes to consumerism.
Take Only Photographs, Leave Only Footprints...What impact is your Outdoor Education program having on the planet? Article Published in Active Education Magazine. Victorian Issue 7, 2009.
Beginning the journey towards our EcoFootprint at MacKillop College. Article Published in Eingana, (Magazine of Victorian Association of Environmental Education) (Nov 2004).