Dr Megan Jenkins
Name: Dr Megan Jenkins
Phone: (03) 5327 9775
- BPych (Hons)
- D.Psych (Clin) Ballarat
Areas of interest
Megan's interests lie broadly within the area of clinical and health psychology. Megan's clinical work with adolescents and young adults has created a particular interest in research issues within this population. Megan's key areas of interest include:
- The relationship between body image and mood/ disordered eating.
- Predictors of risky health behaviours in young people.
- Mental health and unemployment: particularly the relationship between suicidal ideation, depression and anxiety and employment status.
- Mental health / sense of belonging / adjustment in individual's residing in regional and rural areas
Examples of recently supervised projects
- State body image variation as a predictor of depression
- The role of body image dysphoria in the development of depression and suicidal ideation in young women
- Factors predicting symptoms of depression in mothers of infants
- Stress and anxiety as predictors of substance use coping among university students
- Body image, sexual self schemata, sexual self esteem and condom use self efficacy: a model of condom use in female emerging adults