The major areas of focus of research in mental health and psychology are
- e-mental health interventions, including the creation and validation of online psychological screening and assessment methods; and
- application of modern psychometric methodologies in advancing assessment and diagnosis of child and adolescent psychological problems and disorders.
Emerging areas include mental health of older adults;
- mental health of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people;
- the relations between personality and psychopathology; and
- general research in clinical (especially, anxiety disorders, drug and alcohol disorders, mood disorders, eating disorders, and mental health stigma), and health (especially tinnitus, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and prostate cancer) psychology.