Physical education and outdoor education
The Bachelor of Health and Physical Education program qualifies you to be a fully accredited secondary school teacher in the areas of Health, Physical Education and one other alternative teaching method (selected from English, history, maths, psychology, science or outdoor education).
The Bachelor of Health and Physical Education / Bachelor of Outdoor and Environmental Education (double degree) qualifies you as a fully accredited secondary school teacher in the areas of Health, Physical Education and Outdoor and Environmental Education. This program also prepares you for other educational, corporate and/or community organisations, such as outdoor and environmental education centres.
The Bachelor of Outdoor and Environmental Education and the Bachelor of Sport, Physical and Outdoor Education (entry requirements not ATAR-based) provide career outcomes in education-related fields while also offing pathways into the Health and Physical Education teaching programs.
At postgraduate level, you can study outdoor and environmental education to develop another area of expertise and experience for your professional endeavours.
Our specialist research groups focus on areas including sport performance and sports safety, sport and recreation participation, biopsychosocial eHealth research and innovation; exercise for chronic disease, and exercise and genes, and clinical safety.
If you can demonstrate your passion for teaching and a desire to change lives through education, we want you. We select students based on future potential, not just past achievements. We focus on developing personal characteristics and building knowledge and skills to make great teachers.
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education / Bachelor of Outdoor and Environmental Education
- Bachelor of Sport, Physical and Outdoor Education
- Bachelor of Outdoor and Environmental Education
- Graduate Certificate in Outdoor and Environmental Education
- Graduate Diploma of Outdoor and Environmental Education
- Sport and Recreation Centre
- 25 metre heated pool (including underwater viewing windows)
- Fully equipped gym
- Indoor basketball courts
- Dance studio
- Climbing wall
- Anatomy and physiology laboratory
- Biomechanics laboratory
- VO2 Max Testing
- Exercise rehabilitation clinic
- Tennis, netball and squash courts