Position: Sessional tutor in rural social welfare
Location: Mt Helen Campus
- PhD, Rural Social Welfare (expected completion 2014), University of Ballarat
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Social Welfare, University of Ballarat
- Bachelor of Arts (Humanities), La Trobe University
- WELRO 2105 Professional Practice & Research (Tutor) in second semester
Kelsey worked in the international student support field for several years and has been involved in a number of small-scale research projects relating to the social and welfare support of international students at the University of Ballarat. After commencing further study in the field of rural social welfare, Kelsey joined the RSW team as a sessional tutor in 2009. She has also collaborated with other research staff on several community research projects, including the recently completed, “‘Access to learn’ lifelong learning project” for Delacombe Community House. Kelsey is currently collecting data for her PhD project, “Playing it Safe?: The implications for community service organisations of the current government/non-government partnership rhetoric.”
Areas of expertise
Social policy and professional practice within the social/welfare sector
Kelsey’s PhD research project is examining the issue of risk transference and risk management in government partnership contracting with non-profit organisations for the delivery of complex family services in Victoria.
B.A. Major Capstone Project for Ms Kylie Rippon, “The Impact of Colonial Welfare Interventions on Indigenous Families in Victoria: 1835 – 1886” April 2012 to June 2012
B.A. Honours for Ms Kylie Rippon, “The Influence of a European Conceptualization of Family on Victorian Indigenous Parenting in the 18th Century" March 2013 - October 2013.
B.A. Major Capstone for Ms Allanah Morel, "The impact mandatory detention has on the psychosocial development of asylum seeker children" July 2013 - November 2013.
- Australian Community Workers Association (student member)
- Rural Social Workers Action Practice Group, Victorian Branch
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- National Tertiary Education Union, Ballarat Branch