Learning at the Post Office Gallery
GNAP17 VISUAL ARTS TEACHERS' PD
A unique teacher PD on contemporary artistic practice & GNAP17, with Kathryn Hendy-Eckers, Curriculum Manager, Visual Arts & Media, Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
YEAR 7-10 VISUAL ART, VCE ART UNIT 3 & STUDIO ART UNIT 3
WED 10 MAY @ 4.00 - 5.30PM ART GALLERY OF BALLARAT
FREE but RSVP essential: by Mon 8 May 2017
BOOK ONLINE @ artgalleryofballarat.com.au/learn or email email@example.com
Join us for a discussion-based tour of GNAP17 with an emphasis on exploring, analysing and interpreting contemporary art.
Led by Kathryn Hendy-Eckers, Curriculum Manager, Visual Arts & Media, VCAA, and Shelley Hinton, Curator, Federation University’s Post Office Gallery and curator of GNAP17.
Integrating aspects of both the Victorian Curriculum and VCE Art and Studio Arts and contemporary works of art in GNAP17, Kathryn will explore;
- Learning in the Visual Arts through Making and Responding for students from Years 7 -10, focusing on visual conventions and viewpoints
- VCE Art, Unit 3: Artworks, Ideas and Values: Area of Study 1, Interpreting Art, Outcome 1
- VCE Studio Arts, Unit 3: Studio Practices and Processes, Area of Study 3, Studio Practices and Ideas, Outcome 3
An artist talk by GNAP17 finalist, Natasha Johns-Messenger will follow at 6pm, with drinks and light refreshments from 5.30pm.
Shelley Hinton, Curator, Post Office Gallery (03) 5327 8615 or 0414 843303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Officers, Michael Nichols (Wed/Thu) or Pauline Doran (Mon/Tue) Art Gallery of Ballarat (03) 5320 5858 or email@example.com
For further information about GNAP visit federation.edu.au/gnap
WED 10 MAY, 5.30, for 6PM ART GALLERY OF BALLARAT FREE
Using standard materials in inventive ways, Natasha Johns-Messenger examines spatial perception, site and viewer interaction. Through a complex process of imitation, illusion and trickery, activated by architectural interventions and optical physics, Johns-Messenger uses the principles of architecture and optical illusion to build a new, experiential ‘live’ sculptural framework.
Learning @ the Post Office Gallery
The provision of guided interpretative talks and lectures are available for primary and secondary level students with prior booking/s. (max 25 students per group).
The program includes:
- Interpretative talks - exploring artists' ideas, approaches and influences *Recommended for VCE ART Unit 1 - 4 Analytical Frameworks. Min 1 hour duration.
- Investigation and analysis - a short lecture on two selected works in the current exhibition. *Recommended for VCE ART Unit 1 - 4 Analytical Frameworks. Min 1 hour duration.
- Behind the Scenes - a short lecture exploring the processes, procedures and roles involved in preparing and presenting an exhibition. *Recommended for VCE Studio Arts Unit 4 Art Industry Contexts. Min 1 hour duration.
**Prior bookings are also required for all unguided school group visits. For all bookings or enquiries, please contact Shelley Hinton (Curator) 03 5327 8615