Associate Degree of Training and Education
This re-developed program equips teachers and trainers in the vocational education and training (VET) sector with high-level skills and knowledge to handle the challenges of new modes of learning and a changing and complex VET environment.
The program is designed to build on your existing Certificate IV TAE, Diploma of VET and industry qualifications and experience. Most of our students already work within the VET sector, but it is not essential that you do so. The program is offered by distance and on-line, with optional workshops.
With this qualification you will acquire:
- An understanding of the principles and practice of competency based education and training as delivered in a range of settings
- Insight into the broad social, economic and political context for VET
- An understanding of learning and human development theories and how to apply them
- Knowledge and techniques to address literacy and numeracy needs of learners
- An ability to analyse, and think critically and constructively about, issues and developments in the VET sector
- Skills and knowledge to liaise with industry at local and national levels
- Confidence to pursue higher-level university studies