Centre for Regional Innovation and Competitiveness (CRIC)
Federation University Australia is Victoria's leading regional research university. The Centre for Regional Innovation and Competitiveness (CRIC) has a focus on building and sustaining regional communities and industries. It is conceived as a research centre that will provide exceptional research outcomes in regional development and allied research areas. It is a cross-university centre with a main office situated in Ballarat and another at the Gippsland Campus.
CRIC's aim is to further develop Federation University Australia's acknowledged research areas of interest and strength around regional futures and resilience in regional communities, particularly in Victoria and Australia, but also throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Its research remit is to engage locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
CRIC has a small team of dedicated researchers all committed to maintaining research profiles and track records geared towards publically engaged high-impact research.
- To promote regional development studies and allied research areas.
- To generate sustained research publications in key research areas in national and international scholarly forums.
- To lead national and international conversations about regional development from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- To provide leadership in research student supervision and other research-based mentorship for Faculty members. If you are interested in studying at CRIC please contact Dr Jolanta Nowak at email@example.com in the first instance to find out more about the centre.
- To be a publically-engaged research centre that connects with regional Victoria.
- To produce nationally and internationally-engaged research.
- To develop and enhance partnerships with private and public sector organisations to achieve agreed outcomes.
- To enter into collaborative research with other tertiary institutions with allied research strengths.
Welcome to the CRIC at Federation University Australia. CRIC promotes scholarship and research on issues of regional, national and global in the broad area of regional studies. It supports a number of Federation University Australia research initiatives and is based in the Faculty of Business. CRIC is also the home of the CATI lab. CRIC encourages industry, community, government and academic research collaboration as well as hosting a postgraduate cohort.
Professor Keir Reeves