Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship
|Status||Opening date||Closing date|
|Open||14 September 2017||3 November 2017|
The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship was introduced in 2003. The Scholarship is funded by Perpetual Trustees Tasmania Ltd who administers the estate of the late Harold White Carroll. Harold Carroll was a grazier in Coleraine, Victoria and on his death in 1998 a fund was established to provide a scholarship for deserving students from the Western district of Victoria to allow them to continue their studies. Applicants must be former pupils of primary or secondary schools in the Western District of Victoria with preference given to former pupils of Port Fairy Consolidated School, St Patrick's Primary School (Port Fairy), Balmoral High School, Balmoral Consolidated School, Coleraine Primary School or St Joseph's School (Coleraine).
No. awards available
$3000 per annum for up to 3 years
To be eligible for this scholarship you must fit into the following categories:
- Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa, and
- Students studying Year 12 in Western District.
For further information view Harold Carroll Selection Criteria(pdf 86kb) document.
Your application must be submitted online using the Harold Carroll Application Form
Please note: The application will need to include the following. Please ensure you have these things ready when completing the online application.
- A 600 word or less statement providing evidence of the applicants determination and diligence towards study and future study, even though you may not necessarily have been amongst the highest achieving students. As well as what you hope to achieve at University
- Letter of reference from your current school
- Letter of reference from prominent community representative (optional)
3 November 2017
Scholarships, Grants and Bursaries Office
Telephone +61 3 5327 9340