Rural Chances Vocational Scholarships
|Status||Opening date||Closing date|
|Closed||14 May 2017||16th June 2017|
RURAL CHANCES VOCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ARRIVING SOON!
- We know there are many great young rural Victorians looking for work or opportunities to train further and build their skills.
- We know that rural young people often have to travel long distances or move away from home to gain qualifications.
- We know that there are many expenses associated with training and building your skills.
- We know that rural Victoria desperately needs skilled people in a whole range of areas.
- We know there are many people in rural communities who would gladly help young people through mentoring and connecting young people with networks.
RURAL CHANCES scholarships are for young rural Victorians who are facing significant financial or social challenges, who have career aspirations and want to/or are studying at TAFE or undertaking an apprenticeship.
In the pilot being launched in May, there are 5 scholarships of $5000 to assist young people to move away from their home town or to assist with extensive travel to complete training qualifications. Rural Chance scholarship recipients will receive extra care from a mentor and leadership and networking opportunities.
Additionally, smaller scholarships of up to $2000 are available for specific items to support training. These are funded from a $25,000 pool, and applicants must identify what they need, how much it will cost and why they need it to complete their study. These smaller amounts can be used for equipment, course fees, tools of trade, travel costs, materials etc.
Applications will be made online and there is the option of providing written or film supporting evidence.
No. awards available
- 16-24 years of age
- Live in the western half of rural/regional Victoria
- Hold a Centrelink health care card (personally or family)
- Identify a TAFE Certificate III or IV qualification they would like to enrol or are enrolled in OR be undertaking an apprenticeship
- Be planning to train in a skill area where there are skills shortages in rural/regional Victoria
- Be willing and excited to have a mentor supporting their learning
- Be willing to be accountable for the use of scholarship funds
- Be willing to participate in publicity/promotional material and research.
Further Information including the application process will be provided in a link below shortly.
For further information please contact:
Macpherson Smith Rural Foundation
Telephone: 03 6281 8303