A grant is a one-time supply of goods or equipment to assist students with the most needs with their studies or placement. A number of different grants are e.g. books, uniforms, computers and placement.
Complete the online KickStart registration.You will then be notified via email if you are eligible for the grants you have applied for. Below is a list of all the grants we currently have available. For further information on what each grant provides please see list below. You must be:
- Enrolled at a FedUni campus
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree (i.e. bachelor degree)
Placement grants are the only grant that does require additional information to be completed. Information can be found below under placement grants.
Eligible students are provided with a $250 voucher to use at a FedUni bookstore to assist with the cost of textbooks. Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
Availability: Ongoing while stocks last
The nursing grant allows eligible students to apply for a complete nursing kit valued at $150 (as shown). Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in the first year of an undergraduate nursing degree.
Availability: Ongoing while stocks last
This grant is to support undergraduate students who require financial assistance to ensure they are able to fully participate in the professional development opportunities related to their program.
There are two types of placement grants available that do differ in eligibility requirements.
- Placement grants - To be eligible students must be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus and be completing a placement in any year of an undergraduate degree. Students can apply for one KickStart placement grant per year. Eligible students can receive $100- $200 per week of placement (and a maximum of $1000) dependent on the following criteria:
- Level of need as determined in KickStart registration
- Distance traveled to placement
- Additional information provided
- Placement must be within Australia (we cannot fund overseas placements)
- Rural Placement Grants - as part of the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) program. Eligible students can receive $200 per week of placement. To be eligible for the grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Clinical placement must be of a minimum of 2 weeks and be full-time (full-time is 4 days per week or more) placement.
- Placement must be in a rural area other than your home town and must be within Australia (we cannot fund overseas placements).
- Students must be completing a course at Federation University Australia in nursing, paramedicine, midwifery, exercise physiology or social work.
- Students must be an Australian citizen or resident
- Students must be provided the opportunity to complete the DRH clinical placement evaluation survey at the end of their placement.
- The student is not to have received any other assistance other than FedUni's Kickstart program to complete their placement from internal or external sources (such as the faculty or a SARRAH scholarship).
Additional information required
To apply for a placement grant you must complete the additional information form. We will determine which grant is relevant and send you a notification outlining the conditions of the grant. Please note you cannot receive both a KickStart or Rural Placement Grant for the same placement.
The clothing grant provides eligible students with a $50 voucher to use at FedUni Store to purchase required uniforms for placements and labs etc. Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in an undergraduate degree. Students can apply for one clothing grant per year.
Availability: ongoing while stocks last
The computer grant provides eligible students with a laptop, with keyboard, pen and case. To be eligible students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in an undergraduate degree with 12 months or more remaining until the completion of the degree. Computers are available post census of each semester.
Availability: limited awards
The Development Grant provides FedUni students experiencing financial disadvantage an opportunity to access professional and personal development opportunities. The activity/event may be a requirement of the course; be offered at; or be external to the university. The student may be a participant or the organiser of the activity/event.
Students should demonstrate that the activity/event will;
- improve academic and or/professional experience
- enhanced core employability skills (eg: professional memberships, networking events)
- personal development (leadership attributes)
The internet grant provides eligible students with 12 months of internet data. To be eligible students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in an undergraduate degree with 12 months or more remaining until the completion of the degree. Internet grants are available post census of each semester.
This grant provides full-time undergraduate FedUni students experiencing financial disadvantage, an opportunity to access items and equipment necessary to the complete their program of study and /or is a reasonable expectation of their program of study to contribute to professional and personal development.
Students need to demonstrate that the equipment;
- Is a requirement of the program of study; academic and/or professional experience
- Is a reasonable expectation with links to academic/employability outcomes