Domestic students

In the Australian higher education system Domestic students are:

  • Australian citizens: or
  • New Zealand citizens; or
  • Australian permanent residency visa holders; or
  • Australian permanent humanitarian visa holders.

As a Domestic student, you will either have a Commonwealth Supported Place and pay a student contribution amount towards your fees or you will be a full fee-paying student.

Commonwealth Supported Place 

A Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) is a higher education place available to domestic students which is subsidised by the Australian Government. For further information and details on how to calculate your Student Contribution Amount please visit our Commonwealth Supported Place page.

Fee-paying place

A domestic fee-paying place is one for which the University does not receive any government funding. For further information about fee-paying places and program tuition fees please visit our Fee-paying page.

Non-Award tuition fees

Non-award study refers to enrolment in courses which do not count towards a formal award program at FedUni.  For further information about non-award study and tuition fees please visit our Non-award tuition fees page.