Personal safety checklist
The following suggestions may assist you while on campus after hours.
- Do not make yourself a target at night - keep mobile phones, iPods, laptops, headphones, etc, out of sight
- Only take essential items with you when visiting the campus
- Move around the campus in pairs or groups
- Stay on well lit and popular walkways
- Do not allow unknown persons to follow you into buildings requiring an access card or key
- Park only in well-lit car parks close to your work area
- Know the location of your nearest emergency post
- Consider asking a Security Officer to escort you, if you are concerned for your safety
- Program the security and emergency numbers into your mobile phone.
Request an on-campus security escort
If, at any time, you require a Security Officer to escort you anywhere on campus, call the appropriate number below.
Ballarat Campus - extension 6333 or call 5327 6333
Berwick Campus - call 9905 3059
Gippsland Campus - extension 26662 or call 5122 6662
Horsham Campus - call 5382 0560 or 0417 820 560