Health Centre - Mt Helen
The Health Centre located at the Mt Helen Campus, is accredited with AGPAL and provides confidential consultations by appointment to the University community and travel health consultations to the general public.
Your Medical Information will always stay confidential.
Federation University Health Centre manages personal and health information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Victorian health Records Act 2001
- Download Health Centre information (pdf, 56kb)
- Download Health Centre Confidentiality information (204kb)
Consultations are bulk-billed for students, children under the age of 16, Health Care and Pension Card holders. Domestic patients should supply their Medicare number and international patients need to bring in their overseas health cover card.
Information and advice is available on contraception, sexually transmitted infection, nutrition, alcohol and drug issues.
The Health Centre is an accredited Travel Health centre including yellow fever vaccinations. Consultation and vaccination services are available to the University and outside community.
Other services include:
- Drug and alcohol counselling and referral
- Hire of crutches
- General vaccination
- Pathology collection
The Health Centre is located on the ground floor, building T North, Mt Helen Campus. Appointments can be made by telephoning 5327 9477.
Normal hours of operation
9.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am - 1.00pm Friday
Doctors - Bernie Fensling, Elizabeth Russell, Shantini Thevathasan.
Nurse - Mary Madden, Coral Bentley
Administration - Kerry Cleary, Kerry Hobbs
Times may vary at the Doctors' discretion - limited hours during semester breaks.
Local emergency contacts
- Ballarat Health Services/Base Hospital - Ph: 5320 4000 or 5320 3718
- St John of God Hospital (Ballarat) - Ph: 5320 2111
- East Grampians Health Service (Ararat) - Ph: 5352 2221
- Wimmera Health Care Group Horsham - Ph: 5381 9111
- Stawell District Hospital - Ph: 5358 8555
Costs may apply