Health Centre - Gippsland
A campus nurse is available on campus. * No doctors are available on this campus.
The Health Centre is located within Student Connect - Building 3N, at Churchill Campus Gippsland. Appointments can be made by telephoning 03 5122 6425.
The campus nurse provides free, confidential consultations to all students and Federation University staff.
Other services include:
- First aid treatment to all students, staff, contractors and visitors.
- Assessment of health needs and appropriate referrals to specialist health agencies.
- Health information and advice is available on all health matters including sexual health, substance abuse, nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
- Vaccination service - excluding travel health.
- Clinical procedures such as removing sutures, bandaging and strapping, replacing dressings.
- Health monitoring eg blood pressure, managing existing health conditions and special health care needs.
- Referral information on local medical and health services.
- Health promotion, Return to work and OH&S programs.
Normal hours of operation: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Campus Nurse: Vonnie Boreham.
Local medical emergency contacts:
- Federation University Security - medical emergency tel: 03 5122 6999 or from internal phone call 333.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital tel: 03 5173 8000.
- Hazelwood Health Centre (Churchill) tel: 03 5122 2555.
- Mid Valley Family Medicine (Morwell) tel: 03 5134 3888.
- Latrobe Community Health Centre (Churchill) tel: 03 5122 0444.
- Latrobe Eye Care (Morwell) tel: 03 5134 2555.