Services for students with disabilities
The Disability and Learning Access Unit (DLAU) works in collaboration with students with disabilities to tailor service provision to their individual needs.
The range of support services and reasonable adjustments provided can include assistance with:
- Application and/or enrolment procedures.
- Orientation to campus.
- Access requirements.
- Provision of adaptive study materials and equipment.
- Direct learning support.
- Alternative learning and assessment tasks.
- Provision of information and support to other University staff.
- Alternative arrangements for examinations.
- Referral to community support services.
- Disability discrimination and equal opportunity information.
Services for students are provided according to the University's Charter for Students With a Disability which details the rights and responsibilities of students and the University.