Master of Technology (Software Engineering)
Graduating with a Master of Technology (Software Engineering) means you will be armed with the specialist knowledge required to both understand and implement advanced software engineering techniques. You will be able to design, implement and maintain IT systems. In addition, you’ll be able to create high quality software. Employment options will open up in many industries, including security and defence, education, aerospace, health, business and finance.
CRICOS Code: 088662A
Duration: 2 years* Fast track options apply
Intakes: March, July, November
- Overall IELTS band score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognised 3-year Australian bachelor degree or overseas equivalent.
This course holds professional-level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- SAP consultant
- Software analyst
- Software engineer
- Systems administrator
- Systems designer
- Systems tester
16 courses – 4 each semester.
Sample course structure
- Understanding the digital revolution
- Networking and security
- Big data and analytics
- Foundation of programming
- IT professional engagement*
- Enterprise systems
- Professional research and communication
- Software engineering: analysis and design
- Software testing
- Service management and professional culture
- Leadership in IT project management
- Comparative programming language
- Software engineering methodologies
- Masters project (60 credit point)
- IT professional engagement runs throughout entire degree.