Art and Design Workshops - Folio preparation
Date: May 2018
Location: Camp Street Campus
Cost: $100 (TBC)
This workshop is designed for VCE, mature-age and direct entry prospective art students. It aims to assist you in planning and developing a quality folio of artwork to present at an interview for entry into a tertiary visual arts program in 2019.
Practical sessions will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, and in formulating ideas to improve your artistic concepts of visual and design language.
Participants benefit from hands-on sessions that combine open-ended activities of two-dimensional and design concepts. Together with this experience, you will gain insight into the art school environment at an advanced level.
- Insight into art in our society; adding perspective to past and present art forms and how they unite and support aspects of art education
- Working across a broad spectrum of drawing where the emphasis will be on developing insightful hand-eye coordination and observation skills that relate to tertiary studies (A life model will be part of this session)
- Concepts in design and imagery and their required outcomes
- A tour of student spaces and the campus art gallery, the Post Office Gallery
- Overview of communication design and visual arts requirements within a tertiary setting
- Outline of folio selection and interview processes including a mock interview
Meet the workshop facilitator
Pete Pilven trained in a number of institutions and studios across Australia and the UK before entering academia. In his 30 plus years at Federation University Australia (previously the University of Ballarat), he has been awarded three student-nominated teaching awards, including two national awards. He is a frequent contributor to a range of juried journals and ceramic magazines in Australia and Ireland. Pete’s commitment to teaching and learning is evident in his ongoing support for rural and regional students.
Register your interest
Sorry - we do not have one of those short courses scheduled right now. But don't despair, we often schedule courses on demand.
Please send us an email. We will let you know when new short courses are offered.