We are committed to providing a website that is as accessible as possible to all of our users. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us.
We take our obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 seriously. To this end, we have adopted the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 as the benchmark for our website. We aim to achieve WCAG 2.0 - AA compliance across the site.
We try to do this by:
- using standardised designs and templates that have been tested for AA compliance
- providing guidelines and support for content coordinators and publishers, to improve content accessibility and to increase organisational awareness of accessibility issues
- incorporating a range of features into the site, as outlined below in the Accessibility features section
- implementing a central process of quality assurance and testing
- encouraging feedback from our users
This website has several features that improve accessibility, including:
Skip to content
The 'skip to content' link is located at the top of each web page. Whether you are using a screen reader, mobile device, or cannot easily use a mouse, the 'skip to content' link allows you to quickly bypass global navigation elements.
You can use the settings contained within your browser to adjust the text size of the page. Assistance to do so can be found on the Web Accessibility Initiative website.
Design and templates
The template design and style sheets used throughout this site have been developed according to WCAG 2.0 AA requirements. This has resulted in accessible page layout, colour contrast and coding.
Further support, information and contact details
Disability Liaison Unit
The role of the Disability Liaison Unit is to support the development of learning and working environments that enable full participation in university life by students and staff with a disability.
You can contact the Unit for general enquiries or to make an appointment with a campus Disability Liaison Officer.
Ph: 5327 9757
The Web Team, in Information Technology Services, is responsible for managing the University's corporate web presence.
You can contact us if you require any web advice, or for any questions or concerns about inaccessible content on our website.
Ph: 5327 9363