Being a place of learning results in staff and students consuming large quantities of paper. However consumption is falling due to changes in behaviour and changes to operations. Tablets/Ipads, moodle, printing double sided, electronic meetings and electronic storage have all contributed to a 66% reduction in paper consumption in the past 5 years.
Reducing paper consumption
- read from the screen instead of printing
- use tablets and laptops in meetings instead of printing documents
- Go electronic for meetings. Book meeting rooms with data projectors
- default double sided printing for computers
- Utilization of Moodle instead of printing class materials
Disposing of paper
Our waste and recycling contractor has a special collection for clean paper and cardboard. Please ensure you dispose of paper in the blue recycling bins provided around the campus.