Professor Todd Walker
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement)
Federation University Australia
PO Box 663
Ballarat VIC 3353 Australia
About the Portfolio
Since its foundation 140 years ago, Federation University Australia and its predecessor institutions have demonstrated a strong commitment to engagement.
Engagement at FedUni is both multifaceted and multidimensional and incorporates an array of integrated activities that provide value or benefit for all involved.
Through our engagement activities we seek to: enhance scholarship and research; prepare educated and engaged citizens; enrich cultural and community life; elevate public awareness of educational, scientific and artistic developments; and promote critical enquiry and public debate within the community.
From an educational perspective, FedUni engagement can significantly enrich our students' learning experience while contributing to the greater good of the broader community.
Sections within the Portfolio
The Engagement Portfolio comprises the following sections, each led by a senior professional:
- Corporate governance: Director, Mr Derek White
- Marketing, public relations and philanthropy: Mr Jamie McDonald
- International and Partnerships: Pro Vice-Chancellor, Professor Mike Willis
- Partnerships and Commercial Engagement: Director, Dr Jessie Harman
- Ballarat: Head of Campus, Dr. Sam Henson
- Gippsland: Head of Campus, Dr. Harry Ballis
- Wimmera: Head of Campus, Mr Geoff Lord