Ballarat Teachers College
Ballarat Teachers' College commenced at Dana Street State School (No. 33). Sixty one students enrolled, and the staff consisted of Mr W.H. Ellwood, Miss A. Bouchier, Mr A.B. Jones. (The Flag, Nov 1997; The Flag, Nov 1996; BTC Handbook 1965). Ballarat Teachers' College moved to the former Ballarat East Town Hall in Barkly Street, where it remained until its temporary closure in December 1931 during the Great Depression.
Ballarat Teachers' College outside the Ballarat East Town Hall, c1931
Federation University Australia Historical Collection