What do I need to pack for my child?
- Each child should bring a complete change of clothes (including
underwear and socks) in a suitable named bag or backpack. Infants may
need more than one change.
- You are welcome to bring a water bottle for your child to drink from during the day, please ensure it is clearly labelled.
your child is in nappies, bring him/her into the Centre wearing one of
your own nappies. The Centre uses disposable nappies throughout the day.
You are welcome to provide a home nappy for him/her to wear home if
you'd prefer. Whilst your child is being toilet trained please bring a
lot of extra underwear, trousers and socks, etc.
- To help avoid accidents we ask that children wear appropriate shoes or sandals rather than thongs whilst at the Centre.
bottles are to be prepared hygienically by the parent and clearly
labelled. All bottles are to be cooled and then transported to the
centre appropriately (preferably in an insulated container). All bottles
must be signed in to state that they were prepared hygienically and
transported correctly and then placed in the fridge immediately.
- In cold weather a warm coat is necessary. A pair of slippers would be appreciated for indoor play.
On hot days please remember to send an appropriate sun hat
and dress your child in sun protective clothing i.e. not sleeveless. The
Centre provides sunscreen for the children although we ask that you
please sunscreen your child prior to arrival and inform staff of this.
Parents are welcome to view the relevant FedUni Children's Centre Sun
smart policy and procedure.
- Special security toys like a
dummy, blanket or teddy are most welcome in helping children settle to
sleep – these must be clearly labelled. It is difficult to be
responsible for any other toys that children bring from home and it is
often disappointing if they are broken or lost. It is best for all
concerned if they are left at home.
- The Centre will provide
smocks for messy play; however please dress your child in appropriate
play clothes. Please label all your child's clothing. Any unnamed
clothing found at the Centre will be placed in the lost property bin in